Friday, September 24, 2010

1995's TV Scorcher (?): Seduced and Betrayed

The Lifetime Channel has its share of trash, but none could be trashier than Seduced and Betrayed (1995) starring Susan Lucci and David Charvet. I adore Lucci, as no one can play the evil seductress better than she. And she's still going strong and still looking gorgeous. The film belongs in the garbage pail, forgive me, but whenever it is aired on Lifetime, I find myself sitting through it once more and laughing uproariously. It has to be one of the silliest pieces of crap ever filmed, but I'm human and crap can fill my cup at times, I'm not ashamed to admit. Take a peek simply for Lucci: she's delicious! And David Charvet is p r e t t y damn cute! He even managed a couple of decently acted moments. Gabrielle Carteris is another good actress, intelligent and strong, who was never offered the right part, the one that would give her a steady career. Pity!
6 and a half stars - all in Lucci's camp

No comments:

Post a Comment